Monday, November 3, 2014

Halloween Weekend in New England

Hope everyone had a fabulous Halloween weekend! Fortunately, I had a little bit of down time from school and work and was able to take a mini vacation and fly up to Rhode Island to visit my friend, Lauren (of loalamode.wordpress.com). I had only ever been to NYC, so this trip was a more "real" taste of New England. While I was visiting, I knew I couldn't leave without having some authentic New England lobster and clam chowder. Lauren told me that I HAD to try a classic New England lobster roll before I left. So when we drove up to Newport, I decided to get one there! We were told by a Newport local to eat at a little hole-in-the-wall restaurant called Benjamin's Raw Bar (http://www.benjaminsrawbar.com/).


The lobster roll did not disappoint. Made from fresh local lobster and accompanied by creamy cole slaw and fries, it was amazingly delicious! You can bet that I ate every last bite!

Overall, Newport was amazing. It's the kind I place I would want to retire to if I ever became rich ;)

Downtown Newport, RI.
Rocky shoreline in Newport, RI
On my last night in Providence, I was able to finally try some clam chowder from a restaurant called Providence G (http://www.providencegpub.com/). It was everything I expected it to be. Hot, flavorful an loaded with local clams and potatoes.


I think it is amazing how different regions of the US have so much to offer. This is what makes me obsessed with traveling! There's nothing quite like immersing yourself in a new town, city or culture.
Can't wait to see where I have the opportunity to go to next!

No comments: