Friday, August 14, 2015

Berry Mojito

There's nothing quite as refreshing as a freshly muddled mojito on a hot summer day! This is my "go-to" drink recipe for almost any occasion. With my birthday coming up this weekend, I'm sure you'll be able to find me sipping one of these! I love this recipe because it is very personalized based on what you like. You can make it strong/weak, more or less flavorful, and can adjust the sweetness to your very own tastes.




Ingredients (that I used):
Juice from 2 limes
1 cup fresh raspberries (note all the raspberries in the photo were not used)
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Bundle of fresh mint
3L seltzer water
Bacardi Rum
*To taste* Splenda (for a lower-calorie version), Agave, or a Simple Syrup 

Directions:
Toss the berries, and mint into a pitcher and squeeze in the lime juice.




Then just muddle everything together and add your seltzer and rum. 


Finish by sweetening to taste. You can use a simple syrup, agave syrup or even Splenda for a lower calorie option. Be creative with your flavors and don't forget to personalize it based on what you like! This a drink recipe that you cannot mess up.

No comments: