Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Bouchon Bistro - Palazzo Las Vegas

Bouchon is a restaurant from Chef Thomas Keller. If you don't know who he is, you should! He has been named the best chef in America by the James Beard Foundation.



Our meal started with this creative way to serve bread. The waiter just came and dumped it on our table! They also served us some complimentary pistachios.


My first course appetizer was this salad. It's listed on the menu as:

Salade de Ris de Veau 
crispy sweetbreads, Bloomsdale spinach, 
braised radish & pickled cherries 
with mustard seed vinaigrette
It was quite a unique salad in my opinion. My mom ordered the same thing. 


Dad's first course:
Laitue 
bibb lettuce & garden herbs 
with house vinaigrette


Brother's first course:

Salade d’Orge 
toasted pearl barley, young artichokes, 
kale, pickled pearl onions, lemon suprêmes, 
pine nuts with currants & barigoule emulsion 
This was an interesting dish to me. Its a salad primarily composed of kale and pine nuts.


This was a special, therefore the dish wasn't listed on the menu. It was scallops over pea and basil soup with mushrooms. This is what I ordered...Very good!!


Mom's main course:

This was also a special for the night. It was veal with fresh vegetables. I wish I knew more about what was in it, but this is what my mom had.


Brother's main course:

*Steak “Bouchon” 
grilled New York steak, riz rouge with celeriac lyonnaise 
& sauce bordelaiseDijon mustard & petite baguette 


Dad's main course:

*Gigot d’Agneau 
roasted leg of lamb, crispy subric, red wine poached pears 
with rutabaga & rosemary lamb jus


After dinner we were way to full to have dessert, but I would guarantee that the dessert items would be nothing but perfect!


Everything was delicious and "pretty" in my opinion. If you find yourself in Vegas, I would definitely recommend Bouchon!

No comments: