Monday, March 2, 2015

Spontaneous Weekend Trip to Greenville, SC

This past weekend, my best friend Kate and I took a spontaneous trip to Greenville, SC, to visit one of our friends from Appalachian State. It was a weekend full of exploring, laughing, and reminiscing...and not to mention, good food as well! Below are a few pictures I took!

We were able to have an AMAZING meal at Luna Rosa Gelato Cafe in downtown Greenville on Saturday. Though we had to wait about 30 minutes, it was well worth it. All the menu items were made from scratch. I had the "Sicilian Panini" that consisted of a chicken breast and prosciutto ham that had been pressed on a grill with provolone and pesto.


I think you can tell how much I enjoyed my sandwich
I also thought this was very respectable for a restaurant
We then ate at the ever so delicious Tupelo Honey Cafe! Having previously been to the location in Raleigh, I knew this meal was going to be delicious. I started with a mojito as we waited to be seated. Though we had a one hour wait, we were able to pass the time by discretely playing "Heads up!" Talk about trying to contain excitement...ha ha!


Mojito from Tupelo Honey Cafe
I ordered the new sauteed shrimp with carrot/kale slaw and sweet potato fries...so good!! 



If you have never been to a Tupelo Honey Cafe, I HIGHLY recommend you try it! I promise you won't be let down.

This was the last meal we had in Greenville, and it couldn't have been any better! There's no better way to spend a weekend than with good friends and good food!

1 comment:

Kate Steadman said...

That was an amazing weekend! It literally was exactly what I need! Love ya girl.

xo,
Sara Kate Styling