Thursday, August 4, 2016

Media Training in Jackson, Mississippi




It has a been a while since my last post, but I have good reasons for being MIA! The last few months have been PACKED with new and exciting things for me. One of those things includes a on-camera media training...something I have always wanted to incorporate into my career. The training took place in Jackson, Mississippi. I felt so honored to have been invited to this hands-on crash course on how to present yourself on camera. Leading the training was Joan Horbiak (a dietitian who has completed over 500 media interviews, including ones with CNN, CNBC, USA Today, The New York Times and The Daily News). It was information overload, but in the best way possible. I'm ready for the camera now :)

Also on the trip, I was able to dine and talk with Chef John Folse at this very own restaurant, Seafood Revolution! This in itself would have been enough to make me a happy camper. Chef Folse is a master mind when it comes to designing his restaurants. Every little detail from the furniture to the wall decor to the food each has it's own special meaning. The restaurant itself seemed to be a cultural mecca of Mississippi. AFter touring the building and seeing the kitchen, Chef Folse took us to our group to our own reserved private room and presented us the special menu he had created for us. As you can imagine, it was nothing short of amazing! My entree for the evening was a delicious lobster gnocchi! During dinner Chef Folse shared his amazing stories as a chef and left us all with the message "Our stories are more important than our message, our stories are what makes us unique."



Iconic Gin Fizz...I'm not usually a fan of gin, but this drink was one of the best I've had

BEAUTIFUL wine cellar in Seafood Revolution




The beautifully presented Lobster Gnocchi


Chef Folse and me! I couldn't resist snagging a picture



Fanciest ham and cheese sandwich I've ever seen 

I am honored to have been part of such a cool experience and hope I can continue to work in media! Until next time!

No comments: