Sunday, September 7, 2014

Huevos Rancheros


Everyone knows that Sundays were MADE for delicious brunches. After taking a trip to Albuquerque, New Mexico, I officially declared Huevos Ranchero as one of my favorite meals. In my attempt to create my own version, I found it to be quite an easy dish to make!

What you will need:
1 corn tortilla
1/2 cup of black beans (or pinto beans if you prefer those)
1/4 an avocado sliced
1 egg
1/3 of a small tomato, sliced
a handful of shredded lettuce
2 tbsp of salsa
a sprinkle of Mexican Blend cheese

To make this dish, start by heating 1 tbsp of olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Once heated, "fry" the tortilla until golden brown and cripsy. Set the tortilla aside and layer with beans, lettuce, and salsa. Add a little more oil in the pan, and cook you egg any style you like (I prefer over easy). Once the egg is cooked to your liking, put it over everything. Garnish the plate with your tomatoes and avacodo.

And there you have it!

No comments: